Table of Contents
The following are the list of AHGL tournament rules in addition to guidelines that may be helpful for all players. These rules are subject to change at the administrator’s discretion. If rules should change, all captains will be notified accordingly.
Anytime you have a question about rules, or what you should do in a situation first make sure you're following Wheaton's Law - "Don't be a dick." This is a fun league, and many of these rules should only be enforced when absolutely needed and no amicable agreement is possible.
I. Team Structure
1. Roster Size: 7-12 Players, must be full-time employee (35+ hrs/week). No interns, contractors, or other part-time. If employment ends during AHGL season, player must leave the team.
2. Roster Availability: Players must be available for games on Sundays.
3. 1 Captain who acts as the main point of contact for the team. Does not have to be in the roster, but must be included if he/she wants to compete.
4. Accounts used for tournaments must belong to the player. Borrowed accounts are not allowed.
5. One roster change is allowed at mid-season, but is otherwise immutable.
6. When crafting a roster, please be mindful of your roster strategy. If you do not plan to play your entire roster, set the appropriate expectations with your players.
7. Players can only play on one team per game.
II. Match Rescheduling
To accommodate Swiss matchmaking, games will exclusively be played on Sunday, with few exceptions.
1. Each team will be allowed one non-Sunday reschedule request.
2. Rescheduling within the preferred time window on Sundays does not consume the reschedule request.
3. If a reschedule request is initiated by the other team, your team's reschedule request is not consumed.
4. Should the other team not be able to accommodate the reschedule, both teams receive a loss.
III. Scoring and Ranking
1. The teams will be ranked by number of matches won.
2. Ties will be broken by points, which are # of games won - # of games lost.
3. Remaining ties will be broken by head-to-head results to the extent possible.
4. Circular ties from this point will be broken by additional round robin matches at the league’s discretion.
IV. Streaming Rules
1. Players from either team may privately stream their games on their own channel.
2. Captains of both teams should be notified that streams exist. The exact stream link does not need to be shared at this time.
3. Don’t stream cheat (also known as ghosting).
4. If either team is worried about stream cheating, a delay can be put on the broadcast.
V. Bannable Offenses
Includes, but is not limited to-
1. Intentionally allowing opponents to win a game in order to accomplish a more favorable tournament bracket seeding.
2. Programs that allow for cheating or map hacking
3. Unsportsmanlike/disruptive behavior and unprofessional actions towards other players/officials/shoutcasters
4. Use of a game bug determined by the administrators to be unfair
5. Use of an ineligible player
6. Use of a smurf account to allow for inappropriate placement into B League.
7. Starting or contributing to flame wars.
If unfair play is discovered by any player, the offending player may receive a warning, forfeit/loss, or disqualification from the tournament. If an entire team is discovered to be involved, the company may be banned from participating in AHGL for the subsequent season for the respective game. Any decision will be made at the agreement of at least three (3) administrators on a case-by-case basis.
A team may submit a dispute in the event that they believe their opponents broke any of the game rules, or if they believe the referee unfairly awarded a win to their opponents upon an in-game disconnect, or if they believe the referee or opponents did anything that violates the spirit of the rules. AHGL League administrators will review any disputes.
VII. Unforeseen Circumstances
AHGL League administrators reserve the right to make additional decisions outside the defined ruleset if necessary. These decisions will require the unanimous agreement of all the league administrators. Rule changes will be posted on the AHGL blog and all relevant parties notified.
VIII. Individual Games